Things that were Awkward today:
- People in the lane next to me were treated to my rendition of Adele’s “Rumour Has It” while sitting in traffic. More awkward for them than for me, actually.
- My friend felt it was okay to pick his nose in my car.
- (From a few days ago, during the painting fiasco which you might remember from this post…) I was getting my Britney on and managed to paint a straight line while standing on a ladder….in front of a window.
- The more I type the word “awkward,” the more awkward it looks. Once more with feeling, now: awkward. See, it’s weird, right?
Things that were Awesome today:
- I kept on singing when I realized that people were staring in horror in the car next to me. Take that, American Idol.
- My friend had the courtesy to flick whatever issued from his nose out of the window instead of wiping it on the seat. See, I knew I had amazing friends!
- I’m still the mayor of Affogato on foursquare. Yes, this is a valid accomplishment for the day.
- I opened up a fresh toothbrush tonight. Go me and my cavity-fighting excitement.
- (From Tuesday…) I got a thumbs up for my toe nail polish from a regular at Affogato. It’s Essie’s Meet Me At Sunset. Usually, I opt for red. This is more of an orange. Here I was worried about looking too Jack ‘O Lantern-y with orange nails and black sandals.
Seems that the awkward and the awesome things really are the same thing. I don’t know if I like what that says about my life…..
(Thanks to Syd over at The Daybook for giving me this idea.)