My day starting with a heap of awkward. Let me enlighten:
- Last night I hit the wrong button on my car’s sunroof control panel thingy and instead of closing the vent, I partially opened the whole thing. Did I forget to mention it rained last night? Well, it did. Of course, me being the crack detective that I am, didn’t realize this until it was too late, ie: this morning right before I went to work.
- People who come to where I work can never quite figure out where the reception desk is. Here’s a hint, look for the room with the computer and papers and other various office-looking stuff. Ta da, ya found it! (An offshoot of this is when people call in and say, “I’d like to make an appointment.” Congrats. What do you want me to do, guess when you’d like to come in? Tell me something useful here, like, oh, a date you have in mind and what you want?)
Then I got to work. And it got kinda awesome:
- A lady I work with drives a Vespa. A Vespa! How freakin’ cool is that? I definitely did not see that one coming.
- My nails. Working my way through my CosmoProf haul from earlier this week: (like that shameless plug there?)
- My mom’s pie. And having it after a lunch of fresh pesto. Some things, like a good pie, just scream comfort food. I’m such a fat kid at heart.
- Making my own USA Network marathon after work today. Watched too many hours of “Royal Pains” and “Covert Affairs.” But that’s okay. You’re allowed a lazy day every once in a while, right? Right??
On that uneventful bombshell…I’d say the day turned out more awesome. But everything is relative..