Awkward things that happened:
- My mom’s gazpacho. The title of the recipe said “cucumber,” so you would think that it would taste like cucumber, right? Wrong. It included a mix of cucumber, chicken broth, and onion, but it definitely tasted like pureed onions.
- I kicked over a fan at Affogato and it overheated the deli case. Thought I broke the damn thing.
- Pulling a double–working mornings at the coffee shop and afternoon at my first/other job. Gahhh!
Awesome things that happened:
- We had a catered lunch at my other job. It was delish. Especially after the Bowl o’ Onion.
- The regulars at Affogato who helped me get everything set up in record time. (Vic texted me saying she wasn’t feeling well, so I went in to open but I was later than usual. God bless nice, easy customers.)