So I had a nice idea for a post all ready to go, but then I turned on my TV (which has been tuned to Bravo since Sunday because I don’t remember the channels here in Happy Valley; I could channel surf, but meh, I already have a small library to read…) and a Top Chef: Just Desserts marathon is on. Can I just say, nothing is more addictive than Bravo TV shows. And thus, I propose that my life be turned into a Bravo reality show. Here are some “pitches”:
[Warning: in order to truly “get it,” a familiarity with Bravo’s shows is helpful but not absolutely necessary…]
- Tabatha’s Dorm Takeover–she’s a genius when she’s whipping a bunch of hair stylists into shape, imagine what she’d do to a dorm full of prissy sorority girls.
- Top Chef: Just Ramen–whoever makes the best ramen noodle dishes out of the contestant pool wins…something.
- Most Eligible PSU–with 40,000 undergrads on campus, imagine the love triangles we can manufacture!
- Real Housewives of State College–eh, what can you really do with this? I just feel the need to pay homage to Bravo’s original hit show. Maybe mix this with Millionaire Matchmaker somehow.
- Rachel ‘No’ Project–State College has been taken over by jeggings and cropped shirts. We need to bring someone in here to raid their closets and show them how to dress themselves, since they obviously have no clue.
Or, if all else fails, we can just sit in a coffee shop, have it filmed, edited, and broadcast on TheBaristas.com every Monday night!