I can feel an incredibly annoying, self-pitying post coming on, so I thought I’d take a minute to acknowledge the costumes I saw this weekend.
- Gumby and Pokey. Who didn’t love those cartoons when we were little?
- Lots of cartoon characters. Quailman from Doug. Tons of Marios and Luigis. Tommy Pickles from Rugrats. Diaper and all.
- Cupcakes. Damn girls stole my costume from last year.
- Top Guns. Guys and girls.
- Troll Dolls. These girls went all out. They gelled (or somehow got) their hair straight up and dyed it crazy colors.
- Katy Perry when she was on SNL with the Elmo shirt.
- Cowgirls. Probably the smartest idea..jeans and a plaid shirt and boots. Did I mention it snowed here this weekend??
- 70s “adult film” directors, complete with purple leisure suits and white shoes.
- And the obligatory cats, Little Red Riding Hoods, Cinderellas, etc.
There’s more, but, uh, it didn’t all get documented in my brain properly.