- Sitting in a coffee shop and being all warm and cozy while it’s snowing–Yes, I know, I live and die for summer, but sometimes there’s something so satisfying about being in a warm place when it’s cold outside. Don’t judge.
- Being able to use candles again–Too many years in flame-free dorms. We burn candles even in the summer, so don’t be saying this is a fall/winter thing because it so is not.
- Being done with mind-numbing outlines–I just finished my last outline as an undergrad ever. Possibly my last outline of my life (I mean, really, I don’t want to be an English teacher to even though one of my majors is English, I won’t go to grad school for that and advertising really doesn’t demand higher degrees, though I’ll probably be pressured into it at some point if I know my family at all).
- Seeing my “little sister”–I’m really an only child, but my mom’s dog gets better treatment than I do. So she’s like like little spoiled sister that everyone likes and I’m just kinda there.
- Getting my own place–Again, too many years in a dorm.
- Driving my car–It’s the little things in life.
- Dressing up to go to work–Even if it’s just going back to the spa while I look for a “real” job. I kinda miss wearing my sweater dresses and patterned tights and boots to work like I did last winter. Something about that just makes me happy. Again, don’t judge.
- Going to hockey games–Pittsburgh Penguins and Consol Energy Center, get ready, Imma comin’.
- Starbucks’ winter drinks–If you’ve never put a splash of peppermint flavor in your coffee, go do it now. Run.
- Seeing my friends back home and my family and just being, well, home.
Yep, that’s about it. Even though summer is my season, I am feeling really nostalgic for last winter break. And something about that is really making me look forward to December 17th and being home for good and never having to come back to State College unless I really want to.
I just wanna be done and graduated. And home.