So I’m sitting on the couch watching TV with some floor-mates and one guy is looking up iPhone apps. There is an app for anything…and I gotta ask, WHY?!? Just because it can be thought of (and translated into phone-language) doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to make it.
Some highlights, in no particular order of stupidity:
- Milk app–you can pour milk into your glass (the screen of the phone), refill it, shake the phone and make whipped cream, whatever you can virtually think to do with milk. For $3, if you’re so inclined.
- Milk a cow app–this one is self explanatory. I hope.
- Virtual food apps–we found too many of these to have a comprehensive list. Virtual toast. Virtual breakfast. Virtual burgers. Virtual Hot dogs, cookies, cakes, popcorn, beer, you name it, just press the screen and you can “eat” it. Obviously, these apps are made for those who are too lazy to get up and make real food.
- Justin Bieber hair–you can pick a Justin hair style and put it on your pictures. There are some girls that look good in his hair, actually. I, for one, am shocked.
- Clouds–marketed to those who would like to take a break in the middle of a stressful day and look at clouds. On your phone. Clearly also for those who have a virtual food app.
- Virtual pet app–we found horses and puppies so far. Good practice runs for those who aren’t sure if a horse is the right commitment for them?
- Fire fingers–virtually set your fingers on fire. Um.