I was inspired by this gem I found on Thought Catalog while
at work browsing the internet the other day and knew I’d have to steal the idea. So, I give you The List. (Some of these are my own creation, others I liked so much from TC that I borrowed them, as noted with a *).
- Unlimited coffee*
- A dog that is exactly like Snoopy, who turns into Joe Cool and a Flying Ace, but then also who tells me about it, not just communicates with his bird-friend in thought bubbles and dashes.
- A 60s-inspired mod dress in the style of Suzy Bishop in “Moonrise Kingdom,” as it will make Halloween a lot less stressful once I know I have the right outfit.
- A Shazam app for smells*
- A white duck named Bob.
- Season tickets for the Pens. Or partial season tickets. Or just going to a few games this season. Y’all know how excited I get, even if it’s just preseason.
- To feel like it’s okay to skip a workout and not have my body rebel against me.
- A job that I like. Preferably a career that I like. Shouldn’t we have the right to say, “This is what I want my life to be like, and I don’t want to be hiding under the covers every morning a la Bridget Jones, panicked and chain-smoking because it’s Monday and the work-day is approaching.”
- A partner. Not someone who is better than me (so that I’m always trying to impress them) or worse than me (so I get complacent and think that they’ll never leave), but an equal.
- Ctrl + F (or Command + F because I’m a Mac nerd now) for my car keys*
- An arsenal of high heeled shoes that are cute AND comfy. (Michael Kors knows his stuff, though, so this is on the way to being checked off.)
- Unlimited access to any book, any time. (Like a nook, but for those days when I leave mine at home.)
- A TV crew to follow me around for a day. Andy Warhol said that everyone should get their 15 minutes.
- To see friends who don’t leave near to me on a regular basis. Same for family.
- Access to a beach. Can we just blow up Jersey already?
- A back-up camera for those times when I’m stubborn and think I can carry everything into the house in one trip. “Did I drop something important or just a water bottle?”
Wine juice boxes.Wait, they already have this one.
- To go back in time and meet Lucille Ball and Julia Child and all those other amazing women.
- World peace??*